The Aspen Aerospace Alliance, iNC.
Redefining "Higher" Education
This is the educational arm of our program and here we aim to create unique and meaningful aeronautical opportunities for not only children in our schools, but for the valley and beyond. To do this, we will teach an understanding of the components of STEAM…Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math and how they all relate to an application in aircraft and flying.
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark."
HOW WE WILL DO IT
- For children, there has to be an experiential component tied up in their education for them to see the relevance of math and science. Here at AAA we believe children need to be able to have “hands on” experiences which in turn will hopefully deepen their understanding, spark their imagination and create a vision of what they believe could be possible.
- Our AEROdrome at the Aspen Middle School is one of the most unique classrooms in the nation with every element of STEAM modeled in the state of the art learning environment.
- Age-appropriate FAA lessons in math, science and physics taught to middle and elementary students
- Before school, after school and summer camps
- FAA courses taught to high school students, teachers and staff members including private pilot, instrument rating and commercial certification.
- Using AEROspace and AEROnautics as a conduit to high-tech post-secondary education and careers, the K-12 Aspen AERO Aeronautics, Engineering, Research, and Opportunities) AV8R Program will offer our students a more compelling and comprehensive educational experience. Learning to solve complex problems and expanding critical-thinking are the transferable skills high-tech employers in our state need and we believe we can deliver with this stimulating and inspiring education model.
A CAREER PATHWAY
- There is no doubt Colorado is in a strategic location for the space industry. Why?
- With four military commands; Air force, Army, NORAD and USNORTHCOMM as well as hosting major Department of Defense facilities, Colorado’s aerospace industry ranks 2nd in the nation for private sector aerospace employment.
- The state universities are among the world's best for aerospace engineering.
- Colorado is also actively cultivating innovative and commercial space opportunities developing Spaceport Colorado and pursuing federal designation as a test site for unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Many of the nation’s major aerospace contractors base important operations right here in Colorado, including Boeing, ITT Exelis, Lockheed Martin and Ball Aerospace among others.
There has never been a better time to be connected to the Aerospace industry and our children can do it right here in Colorado. Our goal is to create a talent pool for these employers to fill their jobs with Americans rather than have to import workers from other countries. Come and be a part of the action. It’s happening right here, right now!